Healike.hk and its subsidiaries and associated companies (collectively “we”) respect the privacy rights of visitors to this website and of individuals who participate in, access or sign up to any of Healike.hk’s services, activities or online content (collectively referred to as “Services”). We endeavour to ensure that all our collection, transmission, storage and usage of personal data shall be carried out in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap 486 of the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“PDPO”).
The term “personal data” shall have the meaning ascribed to it by PDPO.
Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Data
You need not supply any personal data in order to access this website. When you participate in, access or sign up to any of the Services, personal data is collected from you to enable Healike.hk to provide you with the Services. You may decline to provide Healike.hk with the requested personal data, but in such case Healike.hk may decline to provide you with the Services .
Personal data collected from you may be used by Healike.hk for:
- processing of your application for the Services
- enabling the provision of the Services to you
- conducting identity verification and/or credit checks at the time of your application for the Services
- processing of payment instructions or collection of amounts outstanding from you in relation to the provision of the Services
- marketing of the Services by Healike.hk
- designing services for you
- conducting market research or opinion surveys
- provisioning of customer services
- handling your complaints and account enquiries
- compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations
- any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected
Types of Personal Data Collected
Types of personal data collected by Healike.hk may include:
- Your personal information and contact information such as your name, gender, date of birth, identity card number, telephone number, email address, residential address, correspondence address and/or billing address;
- Your business information such as company name and business title;
- Your credit card information such as name of cardholder, card number and expiry date;
- Your account details, including account numbers, or user accounts; and
- Any other information as necessary for the provision of the Services to you.
Confidentiality, Disclosure and Security of Personal Data
All personal data collected and held by Healike.hk will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for Healike.hk’s compliance of any statutory obligations or requirements, or for Healike.hk to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties:
- Office of the Communications Authority or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or organizations;
- Company’s associated companies, contractors, agents or other service operators who are involved in the sale, administration or provision of the Services; and
- banks, financial institutions, credit card issuing companies or debt collection agencies.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to this website, or any part of the site by you will be considered as voluntarily provided to Healike.hk on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. Healike.hk reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development and marketing of services and to meet user needs.
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by Healike.hk is stored in a secure and safe place.
Transfer of Personal Data Outside Hong Kong
If necessary, Healike.hk may transfer the personal data to places outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for carrying out the purposes, or the directly related purposes, for which the personal data were collected. All the transfer of those personal data will be carried out in compliance with the requirements of the PDPO.
Retention of Personal Data
Unless there is a mandatory legal requirement for us to keep your personal data for a specified period, we will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
The personal data Healike.hk collected from you may be used for keeping you up to date the Services . If you wish to opt-out from receiving any information from us, you may write to our Personal Data Officer at the address shown below. Upon receipt of your written request, we shall cease to so use your personal data without charge to you.
Healike.hk may use “cookies” on this site in order to:
- enable tighter security
- enable you to keep browsing
- personalize sites for you
- build online user or visitor profiles